Sat, Jan 07|
Feed The City: Prosper
Feed The City is a monthly volunteer opportunity where individuals come together at a local venue to make lunches for people in need. The lunches consist of sandwiches, chips and fruit. Feed The City events are open to all. It doesn't matter how many people show up or what ages the volunteers are.
Time & Location
Jan 07, 8:30 AM – 10:30 AM
Chili's, 1081 S Preston Rd, Prosper, TX 75078, USA
About the event
PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE SECTION TO SEE HOW FTC WORKS:
*** How does TangoTab’s Feed The City work? ***
PRIOR TO THE EVENT:
Head to the store and pick up the product. Remember, the more product that is brought… The more meals we will make.
Bringing a group? Please let everyone know to bring everything on the list. We do not recommend dividing items for each person.
Here’s what to bring:
- Meat: Please try to make this turkey, chicken or ham (we do not prefer bologna); Unfortunately, we cannot accept any meat from the deli counter
- Cheese: Sliced pre-packaged cheese
- Bread: Bring sliced bread; We prefer wheat
- Yellow mustard: No spicy mustard or mayo
- Halos, Cuties, or tangerines
- Large bags of chips: We do not prefer individual bags, because that takes the activity away
- Ziploc Sandwich Bags: Please make sure they zip and are not fold over bags
We recommend each person attending bring enough supplies for 25-30 sandwiches at a minimum.
DAY OF THE EVENT:
Please arrive between 8:00 AM and 8:30 AM. We will begin PROMPTLY at 8:30 am.
Remember, anyone can attend our events. We make this a fun atmosphere for all ages. Remember, you are responsible for anyone under 18y/o that is in your group.
*** CAN’T MAKE THE IN-PERSON EVENT? You Can Drop Off ***
- Pack up as many lunch sacks as you want with your family
- Drop off the made sacks at designated locations
What to pack:
- 1 bottle of water
- 1 granola bar
- 2 tangerines or 1 apple in a Ziplock
- 1 pouch of tuna or applesauce cup
- Write a positive message on the bag
We will still accept all food donations that are not packed in this format.
*** FAQ’s ***
Q: Do we need to register?
A: No you do not. Simply show up on the day of the event. We love it if you RSVP on Facebook because it helps spread the message.
Q: What do we wear?
A: We would love if you wore orange (but not required), make sure your hair is pulled back, so it doesn't hang in your face or wear a ball cap, wear anything you can get bleach spots on.
Q: How many people can I bring?
A: As many as you want.
Q: Is there an age limit?
A: Not at all. Anyone can join.
Q: Can I leave early if I have to be somewhere else?
A: Yes you can. The event lasts around 1.5 hours and we take a group pic at the end.
Q: Can we donate money instead?
A: We prefer that you bring the product to the event rather than money.